We are oh-so close to Christmas time, so why not make it Christmas THYME for the 11th drink of our 12 Days of Cocktails segment. Our Ginger Christmas Thyme cocktail packs a bold flavor with fresh ginger, thyme, and cardamom. But if your truly ready for a uniquely crafted cocktail to celebrate the most magical day of the year, I don’t think Santa would mind if you took a break from wrapping and made yourself one of these to enjoy by the fireplace.
You guys know I love my simple syrups in craft cocktails. It’s such an easy and impactful way to impart flavor in your cocktails, without adding tons of store bought juices and syrups. For our Mint Martini on day 9 of 12 Days of Cocktails, I mentioned that most simple syrups are equal parts sugar and water and then the flavorings you desire. Below I went ahead and listed out in detail how to make this syrup syrup.
If your looking for other ways to use up those simple syrups (as if for cocktails wasn’t enough). You can brush the simple syrup on baked cakes for an extra boost of flavor before icing, or use to slightly sweeten and flavor your teas and coffees as home.
Ginger Christmas Thyme
- 1.5 oz. Gin Substitute with Bourbon, if desired
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 oz. Sweet Vermouth
- 1 oz. Lemon Juice
- 1/2-1 oz. Ginger Cardamom Syrup See Note
- Add the gin and thyme to a cocktail shaker and muddle the thyme into the gin.
- Add the sweet vermouth, lemon juice, ginger cardamom syrup, and ice. Shake until combine and the outside of the shaker is slightly frosted.
- Strain the drink into a glass. Garnish with thyme.