Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we are bringing you all the festive decor ideas to complete a beautiful fall inspired tablescape.
Make these adorable mason jar lid pumpkins that light up. They are super easy to create and make a great accent piece for your dinner table or buffet.
The first step is spray painting your mason jar lids a color of your choice. I chose Rust-Oleum in Almond to stick with my warm fall color scheme. I think a deep orange or even a olive green color would be beautiful as well.
You can use ribbon, string, or a thin wire to tie the lids together. I chose to use a thin burlap string as it was easier to tie tight and keep the lids together.
You will then add a pumpkin stem and leaves with cinnamon sticks & burlap ribbon.
Add fairy string lights for a glow effect or leave as is.
These pumpkins make a for a great addition to your centerpiece. Re-usable all season long.
Mason Jar Lid Pumpkins
- 20 Mason Jar Lids
- Rust-Oleum Almond Spray Paint
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Burlap String
- Battery Operated Fairy Lights
- Start by spray painting all the mason jar lids. Allow time to dry.
- String all the lids onto a string and tie tight inside. Cut excess string off. Spread out the mason jar lids to look like a pumpkin.
- Push the fairy lights inside the pumpkin and hide the battery pack in the back.
- Stick two cinnamon sticks in the middle of your pumpkin.
- Cut 2 or 3 leaves out of burlap ribbon. Hot glue them down on the pumpkin or just place them on top.
- Turn on the lights and stare in wonder as you've completed your masterpiece.