It’s time to bust out the nog and get your jingle on! This month’s Drink of the Month might look the part, but the flavors put a fun new spin on holiday cocktails. We all have our favorite go to drinks for the holidays, I like making sangria’s or spiked ciders. Some like adding a little kick to their eggnog or checking out all the different seasonal beers. Most people, like me, would not think about coconut in December. But that’s just want I did with this Holiday Coconut Cooler.
This drink is might seem simple, but it packs a lot of flavor with the fresh mint and burst of tart pomegranate. I never would have stumbled upon this tasty concoction if my boss, April hadn’t sent me a Snap of her making one at home and I thought the colors were so festive. I tend to shy away from coconut drinks, however, I couldn’t resist this drink once I tried it! And I hope you feel the same!
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 lime wedge, cut in half
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 oz. white rum
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 cups cold coconut milk
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Muddle mint leaves, lime wedges, sugar and salt together in a shaker. Add white rum, 1/2 cup coconut milk, and iced and shake together 1-2 minutes. Strain liquid.
- Add coconut rum and coconut milk and stir together. Pour into rock glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish with more mints leaves and pomegranate seeds.
- *If using sweetened coconut milk, omit granulated sugar