Drink up Grinches, it’s Christmas! We are ringing in the holidays with a festive series where we bring you 12 Days of Cocktails throughout the month of December.
Whether you’re a grinch or not, I think you’ll love my newest cocktail creation. The Grinch Cocktail is a light and fruity alcoholic beverage that’s perfect for the holidays.
This cocktail is flavored with lemon-lime Kool-Aid, which also gives the cocktail its green hue.
This Christmas cocktail is one everyone will love at the holiday party. It is a mild drink and the pineapple juice makes it nice and fruity. It is one of those that you can change up the measurements. If you want to be able to take the alcohol in this Christmas drink, add a little more vodka or a little less juice. The simple syrup adds a nice sweetness. Plus the soda adds a nice carbonation.
The sugar rim on top adds a festive touch!
The best part about this drink is that it can be made as a punch or non-alcoholic and the kids will love it!
The Grinch Cocktail
- 1 Cup Kool-Aid Lemon Lime
- 1/2 Cup Lemon-Lime Soda Sprite or 7Up
- 1/4 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 Cup Ginger Ale
- 1.5 Oz Vodka
- Lime Wedge, for rimming
- Red Sanding Sugar, for rimming
- In a pitcher, combine Kool-Aid mix + water and stir.
- In a shaker of ice, combine Kool-Aid, soda, pineapple juice, vodka, & ginger ale.
- Use a lime wedge to rim glass and dip in sanding sugar to coat.
- Pour the cocktail into a festive glass to serve.
There will be no sad faces on Christmas with this fruity concoction!