Why serve Santa milk and cookies when you can offer him spiked cookies in jello shot form?! With these festive Gingerbread People Jello Shots, the red-suited jolly, old man may even stick around until Spring.We had so much fun creating these delicious alcoholic treats! We did have a hard time finding Gingerbread Syrup but it is crucial in making these taste so good. The bottle can be purchased on amazon or in the coffee syrup aisle.
If you cannot locate a bottle of Gingerbread Syrup you can make your own.
Take 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and a 1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger. Heat in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves and it comes to a boil. Strain out ginger pieces.Put out these cut out shots with some icing and sprinkles so nearby guests can decorate them before eating!
Gingerbread People Shots
- 1 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup Vodka
- 2-3 Tbs Gingerbread Syrup
- 2-3 Tbs Kahlua
- Dash Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 Packets Unflavored Gelatin
- Heat the vodka in a pan over medium heat and stir in the gelatin packets, whisking together until dissolved.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in your cream, gingerbread syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and kahlua.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan and let it set in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. Once it has set, use your gingerbread cookie cutter to cut out as many as you can.
- Since jello shots don't do well when they sit out for a long time, keep them in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.
- Put them out with some icing and sprinkles so nearby guest can decorate them before eating the treats!